[Koha] Holding v. Home branch

Walls, Ian Ian.Walls at med.nyu.edu
Fri Dec 11 05:29:46 NZDT 2009

Lenora,

At my library, we use Branches for "physical buildings", and Shelving Locations (authorized value LOC, items.location, or MARC 952$c) to denote which area of the library the material is in.

Downside: all our libraries wind up having the same available shelving locations, even if the location is specific to our main branch (like a unique collection's stacks).

There is an additional, somewhat mysterious parameter called 'stack' (authorized value STACK, items.stack, 952$j), which I'm not sure how to use.  Anyone have any experience with it?

Hope this helps,

Ian Walls
Systems Integration Librarian
NYU Health Sciences Libraries