[Koha] Issuing Rules for Patron+ItemType ---- Relating to Specifying Due date on Checkout Time

Susan Mustafa susan.mustafa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 20:04:23 NZDT 2009

Good Day Everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this, it is an urgent matter.  Using KOHA
3.0

The following is an example of what I hope to achieve.

I went into Administration ->  Circulation and Fine Rules --> Selected "Home
Library"

Created a a rule
*
Staff -- Books -- 5.00 dollars -- 1 day(s) Fine Changing Interval -- 5
Checkouts Allowed -- [[[[[1 Day Loan Period]]]] <--Very important.
*

Now from this rule, I would assume IF a [staff] wants to checkout a [book],
THEN the maximum loan period [DUE date} per given book is ONLY 1 day
allowed.

However, when I checkout to user [Susan] who is [Staff], an item of [Book]
type, and specify a due date of [25 days example].  I get an OK and it
checks out the book to [Susan]
*
What about the rule that I created? What is happening with it?? Is it not
used? And where/how is it used exactly?*

I need it to DISALLOW me to not checkout the book to this [Staff] user, for
all item [Books} IF the date is more than 1 day.

I hope someone understands what I mean?

*I just want to know if koha does this, and if it does NOT, then what are
the issuing rules for? Only for calculating Fines?? and the fines are
calculated per [1day] in this case??? when I assigned [Susan] 23 days? *

Kindly awaiting biting my nails :D

Thanks,