[Koha] Budgets in 3.2 Acquisitions

Walls, Ian Ian.Walls at med.nyu.edu
Thu Dec 10 00:58:12 NZDT 2009

Paul,

This is a great new data structure for the budgets, and I look forward to getting my people on it.

We will probably set up root budgets to represent "what money we're getting from a single source for a given period of time".  Thus, the main allotment would be one root budget, but the various grants and programs would each have their own, as they'd be coming from different purses (and thus have different codes at Accounts Payable). I think having this as the "top level" division will make generating a payment request file (our own, local, internal thing) so much easier.

Perhaps after we've all had sometime to play with it, we could put together some kind of "best practices" for Acq 3.2.  Maybe a panel at KohaCon...

Cheers,

Ian Walls
Systems Integration Librarian
NYU Health Sciences Libraries