[Koha] importing authorities

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 14:43:42 NZDT 2009

2009/12/4 Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com>

> Also - as someone who's new to this - where is my @INC file?
>
> 2009/12/4 Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com>:
> > You mean the C4 in Koha?
> >
> > home/nengard/kohaclone/C4 -- or is there another C4?
> >
> > On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Walls, Ian <Ian.Walls at med.nyu.edu>
> wrote:
> >> Nicole,
> >>

> >> Hmmm... What directory is the parent to your installation's C4?  You
> >> need to get that in your @INC. Something like:
> >>
> >> export PERL5LIB=/path/to/C4's/parent
> >>
> >> before you run bulkauthimport.pl should do the trick (the -I does the
> >> same thing, but just for that perl call)
> >>
> >> Good luck!
> >>

> >> Ian

@INC is simply Perl's list of directories that it is looking for Perl
modules in.

You need to run the following, or put in your ~/.bashrc:

export PERL5LIB=/home/nengard/kohaclone/

Basically, Koha imports modules from the C4 module. It needs to be told what
directory to look for the C4 directory in, however. In a dev install, this
is your Git clone; on a standard install, it would be something like
/usr/share/koha/lib/.

On my machine, for instance, since my Koha git clone is at
/home/jesse/projects/koha, and the C4 directory with Koha's Perl modules is
thus at /home/jesse/projects/koha/C4, I do this:

export PERL5LIB=/home/jesse/projects/koha

Opted to explain too much rather than too little, hope this helps,
--
Jesse Weaver