[Koha] Doc Help - New Acq Permissions

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Dec 4 05:40:28 NZDT 2009

Nicole Engard a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure who specifically to send this to so I'm sending it to the
> entire list.
>
> I'm working on documenting the new permissions.  I need some help with
> additional details for the acquisitions permissions:
>
>     * budget_add_del Add and delete budgets (but can't modify budgets)
>     * budget_manage Manage budgets
>     * budget_modify Modify budget (can't create lines but can modify
> existing ones)

mmm... not sure, maybe "manage budget" is a mistake (was there at some
point, is useless now). Could you file a bug & affect if to
jeanandre.santoni at biblibre.com please ?
>     * contracts_manage Manage contracts

You can define contracts (with a start and enddate) attached to
booksellers. When you create a basket, you can say it's related to
contract X. At the end of the year, you'll be able to see "how much did
I spend on contract X". In france, contract sometimes have a minimum and
a maximum yearly amount. The report does not exist yet, but at least the
data is here (and a SQL report can be builded easily)
>     * group_manage Manage orders & basketgroups

a basket group is a ... group of basket. In some libraries, you have X
buyers that create baskets, and, at the end of the month, someone group
them in a single "basket group" that is sent to the bookseller. In some
libraries, when a buyer closes a basket, a basketgroup can be created as
1basket = 1basketgroup. Both behaviours are also possible in new_acq :
create a basketgroup when closing the basket, or group baskets.
Also note that the pdf printing comes in 2 flavours :
- layout2pages => page 1 is the header, then pages 2+ show all order
lines, ordered by isbn (not grouped by basket)
- layout3pages => page 1 is the header, page 2 the summary of all
baskets, then pages 3+ are all baskets, one after the other.
>     * order_manage Manage orders & basket

to create orders and basket
>     * order_receive Manage orders & basket

??? is it a typo ? It's for recieving orders.
>     * period_manage Manage periods

deal with root budgets (should not be "period")
>     * planning_manage Manage budget plannings

deal with budget plannings. Once you have entered your budgets, you can
see the list button top/right, that displays branches/itemtype/month/any
authorised value used in budgets. If you click on one of this button,
you'll be able to "plan" how much you plan to spend for each budget.
2 behaviours here :
- if budget is not locked = you can enter what you PLAN
(expect/hope/want) to do
- if budget is locked = you see what you planned to do and what you do
in fact.

In a very near future, we may split those 2 screens for better
readability. And (maybe it's already done, I don't remember), if you
didn't plan anything, you should not see 0.00 / 123.45 (0.00 => planned
123.45 => spent)
>     * vendors_manage Manage vendors

vendors = booksellers
> Most importantly - I need clarification on what "Manage" entails for
> everything.  Next, both order_manage and order_receive have the same
> description - what's the diff between the two?

bug in the description
> Regarding the 2 budget permissions - Add & Delete makes sense, Modify
> makes sense - what then do you need the Manage permission for? What do
> you get to do when Managing that you can't do with the other two.

probably a bug then...
> What is a basket group?
> What is a period?
> What is a budget planning?

all of this answered previously isn't it ?

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com