[Koha] New Acq Documentation

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Dec 4 05:27:51 NZDT 2009

Nicole Engard a écrit :
> Hi all,

Hi Nicole,
> I'm going to need some help with documenting the new acq module. There
> are a lot of new links and features that I'm not sure about.
>
> First is regarding the different types of budgets - there are Root
> Budgets and Period Budgets ... and maybe more ;)

root budget & budget periods are the same thing. After some discussion
with nicolas, we decided to use only "root budget" (and budget period
strings can be considered as a bug)
A root budget is the overall amount of money you plan to spend on a
given period. You can have more than 1 root budget active, for example,
a year budget for 2010, and some more money to spend during spring time.
A root budget has : a start and end date, an amount, a status "active"
and a status "locked". If "active", then a budget can be used during
acquisition (even if today is out of start-end date range : it means you
can order at the end of the year on next year budget, or at the
beginning on last year budget). If "locked", sub-budgets can't be
modified by librarians.

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN