[Koha] Biblio and Biblioitem

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 02:38:26 NZDT 2009

The idea was to allow all items to share a common biblio even if they
were different formats. So the biblio for Harry Potter & The
Sorcerer's Stone may have biblioitems for Book, Large Print Book, DVD,
VHS, Soundtrack etc. I believe this is how Koha worked in the
beginning, but at this point I don't think there is a distinction
between the two. You can think of them as a single table, as the
relationship is one-to-one at this point. I think someone was working
on bringing back that feature, but I've not heard much about it. I
imagine Chris Cormack would be the best person to answer these
questions.

Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
Information Technology