[Koha] Biblio and Biblioitem

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 02:09:39 NZDT 2009

These terms are the names of MySQL tables - and now that I'm looking
at them, I'm not sure why there are two tables - maybe someone else
can explain the why - but if you understand MySQL then maybe the table
structure below will help you out.

This from : http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=blob_plain;f=installer/data/mysql/kohastructure.sql;hb=HEAD

--
-- Table structure for table `biblio`
--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `biblio`;
CREATE TABLE `biblio` (
  `biblionumber` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `frameworkcode` varchar(4) NOT NULL default '',
  `author` mediumtext,
  `title` mediumtext,
  `unititle` mediumtext,
  `notes` mediumtext,
  `serial` tinyint(1) default NULL,
  `seriestitle` mediumtext,
  `copyrightdate` smallint(6) default NULL,
  `timestamp` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
  `datecreated` DATE NOT NULL,
  `abstract` mediumtext,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`biblionumber`),
  KEY `blbnoidx` (`biblionumber`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

--
-- Table structure for table `biblioitems`
--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `biblioitems`;
CREATE TABLE `biblioitems` (
  `biblioitemnumber` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `biblionumber` int(11) NOT NULL default 0,
  `volume` mediumtext,
  `number` mediumtext,
  `itemtype` varchar(10) default NULL,
  `isbn` varchar(30) default NULL,
  `issn` varchar(9) default NULL,
  `publicationyear` text,
  `publishercode` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `volumedate` date default NULL,
  `volumedesc` text,
  `collectiontitle` mediumtext default NULL,
  `collectionissn` text default NULL,
  `collectionvolume` mediumtext default NULL,
  `editionstatement` text default NULL,
  `editionresponsibility` text default NULL,
  `timestamp` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
  `illus` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `pages` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `notes` mediumtext,
  `size` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `place` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `lccn` varchar(25) default NULL,
  `marc` longblob,
  `url` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `cn_source` varchar(10) default NULL,
  `cn_class` varchar(30) default NULL,
  `cn_item` varchar(10) default NULL,
  `cn_suffix` varchar(10) default NULL,
  `cn_sort` varchar(30) default NULL,
  `totalissues` int(10),
  `marcxml` longtext NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`biblioitemnumber`),
  KEY `bibinoidx` (`biblioitemnumber`),
  KEY `bibnoidx` (`biblionumber`),
  KEY `isbn` (`isbn`),
  KEY `publishercode` (`publishercode`),
  CONSTRAINT `biblioitems_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`biblionumber`)
REFERENCES `biblio` (`biblionumber`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE
CASCADE