[Koha] Stopwords and Zebra

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at manhattan.edu
Thu Dec 3 04:32:32 NZDT 2009

We are using Koha  version 3.01.00.037 with LibLime Enterprise Koha
build: 4.0000010.

We would like to use stopwords for our catalog searching.  When I
inquired to LibLime about this function, I was told:

"With Zebra providing the search functionality, removing these words
before submitting the query will have no performance benefit, and will
only harm the relevance ranking."
and later,
"The Zebra indexing provides the search functionality and so should
not be turned off. Given that, the stopwords are ignored; there is no
way to change this."

However, someone using the open source version of Koha told me that
there was a way to implement a  stopword list with the Zebra indexing.
 How is it done?

--
Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist