[Koha] Spine label printing problem

Scott Zollars ScottZ at labette.edu
Sat Aug 22 02:38:31 NZST 2009

We are currently running Version 3.01.00.032. When we run spine labels,
some line up correctly others do not. An example of one that lines up
correctly is:

616

P964

An example of a wrong one is

61073071Y73

The problem is in getting the Cutter number on the line below the call
number. This appears, for some weird reason, to only occur with items
having authors. Title main entry ones are lining up correctly. That is
the only connection to the wrong line ups that we see. We have checked
for spacing and have placed the number in the item record as
610.73071/Y73t for example. What are we not seeing?

Scotty Zollars

Director of Library Services

Labette Community College

200 S. 14th

Parsons, KS  67357

620-820-1168

620-421-1469 FAX

Four things you can't recover: The stone after the throw,  the word
after it's said,  the occasion after it's missed and the time after it's
gone.