[Koha] Koha Post Installation Setup Questions

Fahs,Joe jfahs at STMCHS.ORG
Fri Aug 21 09:26:22 NZST 2009

Hi All,

I installed Koha 3.00.03 this summer on a computer running OS X Server
10.5. After some initial difficulty getting the installation
(documented), things seem to be running smoothly, but being my first
Koha install, there are a few things that I still have questions about.

1. The library was previously using a Follet system and the archivist
imported the MARC records into Koha. I didn't see any errors on the
import, but it appears that a number of the records don't show up in the
OPAC search. Additionally, some records show up in the intranet search
but not OPAC, and some don't show up at all. I've run the
rebuild_nozebra script a couple of times, but that doesn't seem to help.
I've been looking at the koha error logs and these are the messages that
seem to repeat most often:

opac-search.pl: Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/opac-search.pl line 418., referer:
http://koha-catalog.stmchs.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl

[Thu Aug 20
13:02:13 2009] opac-detail.pl: Use of uninitialized value in
concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line
1132., referer:
http://koha-catalog.stmchs.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=mark+twain

(the second error repeats for other queries as well)

2. I seem to be having an error with the Amazon web images as well.
Images appear if they were previously listed in our old Follet records,
but koha doesn't seem to be pulling any new ones. I'm going to try
signing up for a new Amazon web services account just in case, but I
wasn't sure if there is anything in particular I should be looking for
in the logs. Does anybody know which port the requests are made for the
web services? I'm beginning to wonder if it is a firewall issue that may
be blocking things.

Thanks,

Joe Fahs