[Koha] MySQL Problem

Erik Lewis elewis at ngrl.org
Wed Aug 19 01:03:00 NZST 2009

Did the latest updates to my Ubuntu 9.04 machine and restarted.

Went to my Koha Opac and got the maintenance page

That was odd so I checked and MySQL wasn't running.

Went to start it manually

sudo mysql start

and got this:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

hmmm...
Thought about it for a moment and decided that maybe I should try mysqld

That worked but I got this

090818  8:41:40 [ERROR] mysqld: Incorrect information in file: './koha/
systempreferences.frm'

Now, here are the last things I did that would have effected mysql.

Yesterday I was playing with adding Owen's tables for the new items
php.  I have also been playing with the CSS for the Opac, header,
credits, navigation, etc.. as I work on trying to merge the library
webpage with the Opac.

Any thoughts?  Do I just need to restore my koha database?