[Koha] Difficulties encountered as a newbie in KOHA

Nadel Catura caturan at canlubang.dlsu.edu.ph
Mon Aug 17 17:51:06 NZST 2009

Good day!

I am Nadel Catura from De La Salle Canlubang Philippines.

We have installed our KOHA ILS for a several months now.
After installation, up until this very moment, we are still on exploration
stage. We have discovered the features are so useful to us.

However, We haven't use it for official transactions in our Libraries
because of some difficulties we are experiencing.

#1 On adding records, which we understand as the items in the library
itself such as books, Yes, we can add thru the module Cataloguing > Add
MARC Record, then Save and Add Item. However, when we try to access this
newly added item using the Search bar, we always get this message,

No results found
Biblios in reservoir
None

Is the item really not added in the Biblios Reservoir?
If so, how can we add this item to the Biblios Reservoir?
We are confused.

#2 On displaying all the records, which is we call here in our libraries
the "Accession Record", where can we view this?

We are really looking forward on using it as our official Library system.
So, your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.