[Koha] Independent Branches that share patrons

Laurence Lefaucheur laurence.lefaucheur at biblibre.com
Fri Aug 14 18:52:14 NZST 2009

Hello,

Martin Longo a écrit :
> Hello there....
>
> I'm running Koha 3.00.01.005. I have set up 11+ branches and turned
> IndependentBranches ON to increase security between those branches
> regarding the renewals/returns/issues of items from other branches. This
> works great.
>
> The thing is that the patrons from one library are allowed to borrow
> items from the others, but setting IndependentBranches ON makes that
> staff members from one branch cannot 'see' patrons from another branch
> ... and then... they cannot borrow items to them
>
> ie.. staff members from Branch A can only search and find patrons from
> Branch A, and not from Branch B, so it not posible that a patron
> registered at Branch B borrow an item which hamebranch is Branch A

With independant branches, staff members from Branch A can check out an
item to a patron from Branch B when searching him by borrower card
number only (not by name) in Check out box or in Search patrons box.
Staff member can see borrower informations, without being able to modify
them.
If the patron from B has flags or blocking fines, staff member from A
can not edit information nor make payment, so no check out in this case.

Regards,

Laurence