[Koha] Error when returning and checking out books

ed c terrapin44 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 00:51:03 NZST 2009

Thank you Joe. I didn't have anything relating to koha.item_circulation_alert_preferences in either kohastructure.sql or updatedatabase.pl. Entering the command you gave me fixed this problem but now I have another relating to the circulation alerts. When I return on check out something I get the following error (from the logs, the onscreen error is similar):

[Wed Aug 12 09:14:35 2009] [error] [client 128.226.37.18] [Wed Aug 12 09:14:35 2009] returns.pl: Undefined subroutine &C4::Members::Messaging::GetMessagingPreferences called at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Circulation.pm line 2433., referer: http://cassidy.binghamton.edu:8080/cgi-bin/koha/circ/circulation.pl

It appears that somehow my circulation alerts were not installed/are not functioning properly. Is this Messaging functionality a new feature or maybe there was something missing in the version of Koha I downloaded?

I had an issue early relating renewal dates (bug 2770) that caused me to install a new C4_Circulation.pm on July 29. At that point I installed Messages.pm because I didn't have one previously. Maybe I just need to back out the C4_Circulation.pm I put in but bug 2770 was a major issue for the library going live with Koha.

What does this messaging even do? Can I just disable it? I notice if I have to override something (for example when I try to check out a book I already have checked out) I do not get this error so this subroutine must no be called in all cases.

Edward