[Koha] Supporting the Open Source Concept

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Sat Aug 8 08:25:37 NZST 2009

> LibLime, which bought the Koha trademark, is now as expensive as
> the far more developed Follett software.

I think it's important to point out that the issue of fair play in the
Open Source sense has nothing to do with what a company does or
doesn't charge. All the major players in Koha development right now
are for-profit companies, and all deserve to charge just as much as
they need to in order to sustain their businesses.

If Follett works better for you and the price is right, use it!

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries