[Koha] Sort order of circ history and "last borrower" problem

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 11:51:30 NZST 2009

2009/8/5 Agnes Rivers-Moore <arm at hanover.ca>

>  Hi all
>
> Our Koha installation has a problem with "last borrower" from the item
> display. I think we may have several problems that may be related to the
> circulation history in some way.
>
> When we look at the item's history it is sorted with oldest date at the
> top, newest date at the end. I can't find any system preference to control
> this. Can anyone point me to a way to change the item history to show latest
> at the top? (By the way when we look at a borrower's history it sorts the
> opposite way.)
>
> When we go to the item display, the "last borrower" links to the first
> borrower that had the book, long ago. The "previous borrower" links to the
> next borrower that had it. So, these seem to be inverted - instead of
> showing the most recent borrowers it is showing the oldest borrowers.
>
> If the "last borrower" link is looking at a position in a table, and the
> table is sorted in reverse order, I guess this could happen - both that the
> history display shows oldest at the top, and that last borrower is looking
> at the first or last row of the table, not comparing the date to decide
> which borrower is the "last" one. I am just guessing - can anyone confirm or
> refute this?
>
> Just maybe this could also relate to the other problem I shared recently,
> that we are getting 00/02/0 date displayed in the borrower history for every
> item we check in.
>
> Can anyone comment on these issues? Does the "last borrower" function
> depend on table sort? How does Koha add recent transactions to the
> old_issues table?
>
> Most importantly, is there any way we can fix this so that the last
> borrower function works as expected?
>
> We have Koha 3.00.00.107.
>
> Thank you
> Agnes
>
> --
>
> Agnes Rivers-Moore
> Assistant Librarian
> Hanover Public Library

The reply to your previous values told you that the 00/02/00 display results
from NULL (empty) date values in the database.  So if you don't have date
values in your issues (or old_issues) table, then you should not expect to
be able to sort by date.  Or rather, you can sort by it, but it won't mean
anything.

You should work on populating the date values before worrying about the
interface pieces that depend on it.
--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions