[Koha] Linux Flavour - Koha

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 03:18:02 NZST 2009

I am a big fan of Ubuntu, but I always use Debian for my Koha servers.
I've found it far easier and better supported on Debian than Ubuntu
Server. That is to say, I've had to do a lot more work to get the
correct software versions for Koha to work on Ubuntu Server, where
using Debian I rarely if ever have to find specific software versions.

For most of my IT career I've been a Debian advocate. When Ubuntu
Server came out, I started switching everything over to it. After a
couple years I'm now going back to Debian for the server side. I just
find it easier to support and work with than Ubuntu Server.

These are of course my own experiences, and your mileage may vary ; )

Caveat: At this point I have what is essentially no experience with
RedHat. I haven't used it since version 2 or 3. RPM dependencies left
me with such a bad taste in my mouth I never went back. I've never had
a need to anyway.

Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
Information Technology