[Koha] marc record matching rules, not working

Scott tacogrande55 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 1 03:31:57 NZST 2009

Hi,
I am trying to import 1 marc only record, and then import a list of
items for that marc record. I have the default matching rules that come
with koha and so I am trying to match the isbn 020a tag.

here is a the marc record only.
=LDR  00000nam  2200000Ia 45e0
=008  090731s9999\\\\xx\\\\\\\\\\\\000\0\und\d
=020  \\$a9780439533263
=100  1\$a"Blevins, Wiley"
=245  04$aA Hat
=650  0\$aGeneral
=952  \\$oA$p80006$yL

and here is the sample of one of the item records.
=LDR  00000nam  2200000Ia 45e0
=008  090731s9999\\\\xx\\\\\\\\\\\\000\0\und\d
=020  \\$a9780439533263
=100  1\$a"Blevins, Wiley"
=245  04$aA Hat
=952  \\$oA$p80006$yL$v5

there probably shouldnt be a barcode in the record only, since i see
that now that im writing this, but how i do this is I first stage the
marc record and just have it replace any matching and to not add any
items. I then import it, and rebuild_zebra just to be sure its in there
correctly.

I then stage the item record and tell it to ignore adding records but
add all items. I then upload it and it ignores all the items. Even
though the 020$a is the same as the marc record. Shouldnt the items be
adding to the record?

Is what I am doing even possible? I basically just want to add a marc
record, then add a bunch of items to it. Instead of having a bunch of
the same items with different records.

Thanks for all the help.
-Scott