[Koha] LDAP Not Replicating to Koha DB?&In-Reply-To=

ISM KIS Ism at kis.in
Thu Apr 16 15:55:26 NZST 2009

LDAP is now working with eDirectory

This is the section of the koha-conf.xml

 <useldapserver>1</useldapserver>
 <!-- LDAP SERVER (optional) -->
 <ldapserver id="ldapserver"  listenref="ldapserver">
  <hostname>172.16.0.9</hostname>
  <base>ou=staff,o=KIS</base>
  <user>cn=****,o=kis</user>             <!-- DN, if not anonymous -->
  <pass>*********</pass>      <!-- password, if not anonymous -->
  <replicate>0</replicate>   <!-- add new users from LDAP to Koha database -->
  <update>0</update>         <!-- update existing users in Koha database -->
  <mapping>             <!-- match koha SQL field names to your LDAP record field names -->
   <firstname    is="givenname"      ></firstname>
   <surname      is="sn"             ></surname>
   <address      is="workforceID"    >KIS</address>
   <city         is="workforceID"    >Kodaikanal</city>
   <zipcode      is="workforceID"    >624 101</zipcode>
   <branchcode   is="workforceID"    >KISHS</branchcode>
   <userid       is="uid"            ></userid>
   <password     is="workforceID"    ></password>
   <email        is="mail"           ></email>
   <categorycode is="workforceID"   >PT</categorycode>
   <phone        is="workforceID"></phone>
  </mapping>
</ldapserver>
</config>

What confused me is that in order to update or replicate the patron records in Koha I had to set
    <replicate>0</replicate>
    <update>0</update>

Why value of 0 ? Should it not be 1 ?

Rudy Wuthrich
IT Manager
Kodaikanal International School

On 2009/04/16, at 12:22 AM, Galen Charlton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2009/4/15 ISM KIS <Ism at kis.in>:
>> Same problem here.
>> LDAP is ok but the koha patron table does not get updated.
>
> I think we need a little more information to answer this question.
> Could you post the relevant LDAP sections of your koha-conf.xml?

ISM KIS:

take a look at this doco, for starters
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:ldap

FYI: i have recently got Koha and LDAP working nicely, (cheers atz!),
as have others...

try downloading ldap-utils to manually debug your ldap connections.
and watch the logs on your koha *AND* ldap-server for syntax or
permission errors etc

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/ldap-utils