[Koha] Linking biblios to authorities

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel gonzalez at famaf.unc.edu.ar
Fri Apr 10 17:41:54 NZST 2009

Hi,we are migrating a library that have some 60.000 records and 25.000
authorities. The import of the biblios and authorities works fine, but... we
need to link them.
Up to now the procedure we follow is to import the authorities, dump the
data to find out which "authid" koha assigned to each one, then scan the xml
o marcedit file of the biblio data, putting on any matching field a $9
 subfield with the corresponding "authid". Then we import this data and all
is done, works fine.

What wonders me is why is not working the script
"/usr/share/koha/bin/link_bibs_to_authorities.pl"?
When we run it, all we obtained is the removal of the links to authorities
that we have!

An inspection of the file shows that it use the
procedure LinkBibHeadingsToAuthorities() from C4/Biblio.pm.
In that file the following line

        my $authorities = $heading->authorities();

gives a null result and that explains the removal of my links (following the
algorithm).
Inspecting C4/Heading.pm we found that the line to find matching authorities
is

   my ($error, $results, $total_hits) = SimpleSearch( $query, undef, undef,
[ "authorityserver" ] );

which in turn guides us to C4/Search.pm (implementation of SimpleSearch), in
which there is this line

                $zoom_queries[$i] = new ZOOM::Query::CCL2RPN( $query,
$zconns[$i]);

Now, the authorities search in opac and staff interfaces (which give correct
results!) use a different procedure for the query in C4/AuthoritiesMarc.pm

        my $Anewq= new ZOOM::Query::PQF($query,$oAuth[0]);

Then I read a little about the difference between PQF and CCL queries, and I
must confess... I am lost.
The only I know is that one kind of query gives results and the other no.

Then my questions to the list:
1) Have any of you been able to make the former script work properly? And
how?
2) Is there a procedure to make CCL queries works, if that is the reason?
Perhaps tweaking koha-conf.xml?
3) It's a problem with the configuration of the zebra server?
4) Have you know of any other "automatic" procedure to do the job?

We are using Koha 3.01.00.014 on Ubuntu 8.04. The last git checkout
(3.01.00.018) changes several files but no the previous lines .

Cheers,
bgk