[Koha] Defaulting to a specific branch and Serhold question

Scott Owen sowen at edzone.net
Wed Apr 8 02:02:14 NZST 2009

Here is how I made branch specific search pages in Koha 2.2.9 (windows
version).
You may be able to use this as a starting point.
Good luck.

To make a custom search page:

(ie: “I want my students to only search my branch as default”)

Edit c:\~\OPAC\cgi-bin\koha\opac-search.pl

Save a copy as PINEopac-search.pl

Edit line 202 (template_name) to “PINEopac-search.tmpl”

Edit c:\~\OPAC\htdocs\opac-tmpl\css\en\opac-search.tmpl

Save a copy as PINEopac-search.tmpl

Edit line 87 to read

<option value=“PINE”>Pine</option

Point browsers to http://<site>/cgi-bin/koha/PINEopac-search.tmpl