[Koha] Installing koha 3 on Debian GNU/Linux 'etch'

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Sep 25 18:01:21 NZST 2008

Anand Sharma wrote:

> Any success stories on 'Installing Koha 3 on Debian GNU/Linux 'etch',
> Please share your experience if any one had done it..

Yes, no probs. I had a few false starts, mainly due to differences on
my system.

If you follow the ample instructions in the file INSTALL.debian that
comes with the Koha tarball, you should be fine.

Before starting, read this:

http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=encodingscratchpad

all about enabling UTF-8 on your system. It is important.
And once you've done it, you are ready to use Unicode and its
hundreds of different alphabets.

cheers
rickw