[Koha] Koha as a tiny CMS

Jason Ronallo jronallo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 10:56:18 NZST 2008

Hi,

I wanted to add a few arbitrary pages to my library's website, but did
not want to create static pages or maintain another application. I
also wanted to make it so that someone without lots of HTML experience
could add a page easily. So I made a few changes to a template to
allow a parameter to be accepted. Now when I create certain local
system preferences that content can be inserted into my template.

Here are the steps necessary to do something similar:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfmj5f5d_197f43492f3

Please let me know if you have any problems following these steps. If
anyone knows why this is a bad idea or poorly executed, please let us
know. I wonder if this wouldn't be a good feature for future version,
especially for small libraries?

Is there a good place for the Koha project to keep documentation like
this? I'd be happy to add it wherever it might fit.

Jason