[Koha] Acquisitions

Marijana Glavica mglavica at ffzg.hr
Wed Sep 24 08:27:09 NZST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 09:16:08AM -0500, Paul Landers wrote:
> Does the current 3.00 Acquisitions module (or the upcoming 3.2) have
> this level of flexibility:
>
> Place a single order on a single purchase order with a single vendor
> for 8 copies of a single book to be distributed among 4 libraries, but
> pay for each copy of the book from independent budgets (yes, this is
> actually something we must do!)

We have the similar need. In our library we have more than 20 collections.
Main fund is internally distributed among collections, so every collection
has some amount of money to spend during the year. The same book title
can be acquired in different collections.

I was thinking to do the following:
- on item level use field Koha collection (952$8 - items.ccode), so we
  know to which collection item belongs
- periodically do the customized report from database by collection, with
  calculations about how much is spent

We will not be able to avoid situation of going over the limit for
particular collection, but we do not have to be so strict and we can
manage that by agreement and by having frequent reports on how we spend.

I am still not sure is this is the good way. I just started to think
about acquisition, my first goal was to migrate bibliographic data
and start cataloguing in Koha, but soon I will also need some advice
about that module.

For now, I would just like to hear some advice on how to manage gifts in
Koha acquisition?

Regards,
Marijana

---
Marijana Glavica
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Libraries
I. Lucica 3, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
http://www.knjiznice.ffzg.hr