[Koha] re transferring data from a Windows platform to a linux platform

Jesse Weaver jesse.weaver at liblime.com
Fri Sep 19 03:45:54 NZST 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Carmel Young <carmel.malawi at gmail.com>wrote:

> PRoblem:  transferring data from a Windows platform to a linux platform;
>
> At present we are using a Windows platform with Koha 2.2.9.  wea re in the
> process of going to Linux so we can take advantage of Koha 3.0.0.  Will we
> be able to trransfer data across the different platforms?
> Thanks
> Carmel Young

Yes, you will. There is a tool called MySQL Query Browser that you can use
to back up your 2.2.9 database. Then, here's what you have to do:

   1. Recreate the 2.2.9 database on the Linux system, using the backup file
   that you transferred like so: mysql -u root -p koha < backup.sql (where koha
   is the name of your database and backup.sql is the backup file)
   2. Install Koha 3.0.0 on the Linux system
   3. Then follow this guide: http://wiki.koha**.org/doku.php?id=22_to_30

--
Jesse Weaver
Software Developer, LibLime