[Koha] Loading bib records from reservoir

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Oct 25 22:56:15 NZDT 2008

Irene Sachs <irene_sachs at hotmail.com> wrote:
> We have Koha version 3 installed on a Linux platform. We are having
> problems getting records that we have downloaded using Z39.50 from
> the reservoir into the catalogue.
>
> I understand that to be able to search the records (in both
> the catalogue and the reservoir) you need to run the script
> misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -z. We have run this
> script but haven't scheduled it to run regularly but still can only
> find records in the reservoir not the catalogue. Items added manually
> do not appear in either the reservoir or the catalogue.

What output does the script produce?

> I can not get the records from the reservoir to the catalogue. When
> I go to the 'Stage Marc records for import' in the Tools section I am
> asked to select a file to stage. Isn't this meant for a batch upload
> rather than records already in the reservoir?

Yes, I've not checked but I believe so.

> The option to browse a
> file doesn't point to records in the reservoir. How do I select items
> from the reservoir for import?

I think you select items from the reservoir for import by selecting
them from a search results screen during acquisition.

They won't show up on the catalogue if the rebuild_zebra isn't running
smoothly.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)