[Koha] ftp.indexdata.dk packages "404 Not Found"

ANDREW MICHAEL EFREM GIESLER agiesler at wisc.edu
Wed Oct 22 07:07:59 NZDT 2008

Hello,

I'm installing Koha 3.0 on Ubuntu 8.04. I've successfully installed the same configuration on the same machine twice in the last few weeks. Early in the process I add these two lines to /etc/apt/sources.list:

    deb http://ftp.indexdata.dk/debian indexdata/sarge released
    deb-src http://ftp.indexdata.dk/debian indexdata/sarge released

followed by an "apt-get update". However, this week the update fails to find those two sources:

    Err http://ftp.indexdata.dk indexdata/sarge/released Packages   404 Not Found
    Err http://ftp.indexdata.dk indexdata/sarge/released Sources   404 Not Found
    W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.indexdata.dk/debian/dists/indexdata/sarge/released/binary-i386/Packages.gz   404 Not Found
    W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.indexdata.dk/debian/dists/indexdata/sarge/released/sources/Sources.gz   404 Not Found

I'm able to ping ftp.indexdata.dk so I know it's not down. Does anyone have ideas? Someone posted the same problem in 2007 (http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2007-March/011251.html) but I see no reply.

Andy Giesler
University of Wisconsin-Madison