[Koha] Lists/Virtual Shelves not working in OPAC

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Tue Oct 14 09:27:27 NZDT 2008

Hi Tim,

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Tim McMahon <tmcmahon at wlpl.org> wrote:
> Lists in Koha 3 aren't working for me in the OPAC.  I tried it first in
> 3.00.00 and upgraded to 3.01.00.002 to see if things improved.
>
> When I'm logged in to the OPAC, I can't add books to a list unless it's
> marked as open from the staff interface.

Unless the list is your's, you should not be able to add unless the
list is marked as an open type list.
Per the descriptions on shelves.pl in the staff interface open type
lists are manageable by everyone. (public type lists are only viewable
by everyone.)

I'm not sure what type the list in question was to start with.

> I can create a private or
> public list from the OPAC, but I still can't put anything in the list.

I'm not sure what's going on here. This seems to work fine on my
3.01.00.000 install.

> If I'm not logged in to the OPAC, I can rename lists, delete items from
> public lists and delete the list if there are no items in it.

If the public list is an open type list, it is manageable all and this
is expected behavior. If it is simply public type list, this is should
not be the case.

>Has anyone else seen these problems?  Could it be a problem with the
update from 2.2?

Possibly. Perhaps someone else can comment here. I've not performed an
upgrade from 2.2 myself.

Regards,
Chris