[Koha] Login questions

Bradley Peters koha at moberley.com
Thu Oct 9 06:31:38 NZDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Joe Atzberger <ohiocore at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Paul Yachnes <yach at cox.net> wrote:
>> 1. I have Koha set up with a single branch. When logging in to the
>> intranet, I have achoice on the dropdown list between "My Library" and
>> my branch name. What is the difference in logging in as one or the
>> other?
>
> "My Library" logs you into the branch that is specified in your account
> (borrowers table).  This provides a default that is almost always correct
> for all staff in all branches (exceptions: librarians at multiple branches,
> central staff, the superuser who has NO branch, etc.).

I just installed Koha 3.0 and was a bit confused about the "My Library" thing.

First I searched in the manual, but I could not find an explanation
there. (I may have missed it, but I looked through the Table of
Contents and did a search for "My Library".) After a bit I realized I
should try searching the users list, and found this explanation. So,
thank you.

Sincerely,
Bradley Peters.