[Koha] Koha to MARC mapping

Winter, James WinterJ at arcadia.edu
Wed Oct 8 02:40:11 NZDT 2008

We're currently working on migrating our data from Sirsi to Koha but I'm
having some problems and I'm curious if anyone else has run into the
same problem.

We're exporting a catalog key from Sirsi into MARC tag 994, subfield a.
I've added a new column to the biblioitems table and created the mapping
between that MARC field and the new Koha field, but no data ever gets
into the new column in the database.

The other fields that are mapped (isbn, issn, publisher, etc.) are
filled after running bulkmarcimport.pl but the new field is not. I can
see the field in the marcxml column with the correct data.

And is the "NOTE : if you change the link between a MARC subfield and a
non-MARC field, ask your administrator to run misc/rebuildnonmarc.pl
script." message in the intranet interface in 3.0 leftover from 2.x?
Rebuildnonmarc.pl doesn't exist.

I appreciate any help. Thank you.

James Winter

Arcadia University <http://www.arcadia.edu/>