[Koha] Koha 3: Import items from 2.2.9

"Thommy M. Malmström" thommy.m.malmstrom at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 02:40:01 NZDT 2008

Thommy M. wrote:
> Paul POULAIN wrote:
>> Thommy M. a écrit :
>>> Someone who can point me to guidance for exporting Koha 2.2.9 stuff (all
>>> of it, biblio items, users, ...) and how to import it on another machine
>>> with 3.0? Is this possible? Can I run the 3.0 script found here on a
>>> 2.2.9 machine to export out the data?
>> 1- mysqldump your 2.2.9 DB
>> 2- drop your empty 3.0 DB
>> 3- mysql -ulogin -ppass koha3 <your_229_dump.sql
>> 4- follow the steps at 22_to_30 to upgrade your DB correctly.
>
> OK, that easy. Will try in the weekend and report back.

Unfortunately I have no luck with this as I can't understand what steps
to follow. 1,2 and 3 from above is OK but then I'm stuck. I find no info
on how to run this scripts, which of them to run, or in which order. I
think I have to set up a new test system to play with but it takes soooo
long to do a fresh install...

Hmmm, must figure out how to do a clone in VirtualBox when XP is the host...