[Koha] Koha and ILL?

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Mon Oct 6 22:13:23 NZDT 2008

> "Magnus Enger" <magnus at enger.priv.no> wrote:
> > I remember that some time ago a company called Relais International
> released
> > their ILL software as Open Source - so maybe this means ILL is seen as a
> > stand-alone application, rather than something that should be integrated
> into
> > the ILS?  http://www.relais-intl.com/relais/home/index.htm
>
> I've seen ILL implemented as checking out to an ILL "borrower" even on
> "big name" systems.  I'm sure we could do better, but I'm not aware of
> current ILS-ILL standards.  Are there any particularly useful ones?

I'm not very familiar with the relevant standards, but there seems to be
something called ISO ILL?
http://www.oclc.org/isoill/default.htm

In Norway we have a standard called NILL:
http://www.biblev.no/nill/
But that's probably only relevant to us, and the spec is only available in
Norwegian... :-(

Regards,
Magnus