[Koha] Koha and ILL?

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Mon Oct 6 21:13:46 NZDT 2008

Hi,

At 09.44 06/10/2008, Magnus Enger wrote:

>Koha is not well known in Norway yet, but awareness of it is slowly starting
>to grow... One of the features I think Norwegian librarians will be looking
>for is integrated support for inter-library loan. I have searched the
>mail-list archives and the wiki for information about whether this is on the
>horizon for Koha, but have not found anything substantial. This makes me
>wonder: is ILL not seen as something that should be part of the ILS in other
>parts of the world?
>
>I remember that some time ago a company called Relais International released
>their ILL software as Open Source - so maybe this means ILL is seen as a
>stand-alone application, rather than something that should be integrated into
>the ILS?
>http://www.relais-intl.com/relais/home/index.htm
>
>Any and all information/views on this is very welcome!

Koha don't have an ILL module.
Because the main targets of Koha ILS (not huge public libraries,
schools libraries, private libraries) don't need a specific
ILL module.
You can manage ILL transation usign special patrons (for you not for
the sistem) in the circulation module.

Bye

Zeno Tajoli
CILEA - Segrate (MI)