[Koha] utf-8 and Z39.50 and record import, international chars not being shown properly?

Mason James mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 11:21:30 NZDT 2008

On 2008/10/4, at 10:34 AM, H.S. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using a recent snapshot of Koha 3.0. When I try to search for a
> record which probably has a language than English in it, it appears
> that
> I am not able to get that language in the Z39.50 dialog.
>
> Take ISBN 96912064 for example. If I search for this in COLUMBIA
> UNIVERSITY [clio-db.cc.columbia.edu], I get:
> Title: Paänjåabåi Yåunåiwarasiòtåi Fåarasåi-Paänjåabåi
> kosha =
>
> re those funny characters supposed to appear as they do above? If the
> above somehow show something different, I have posted the screen
> shots here:
> http://picasaweb.google.ca/hs.samix/Screenshots#
>
> BTW, I have the UTF-8 enabled in apache2, it also enabled for all
> users
> on the computer on which Koha is installed.
>
> Thanks.

this record works imports fine for me in my koha3-stable.

245 00 - TITLE STATEMENT
   a Title Pañjābī Yūnīwarasiṭī Fārasī-Pañjābī kosha =
   b Remainder of title Punjabi University Persian-Punjabi dictionary
= Panjābī Yūnīvarsitī Fārsī-Panjābī lughat /
   c Statement of respons saṅkalanakartā Jīta Siṅgha Sītala ;
saṃshodhaka Gulawanta Siṅgha ; mukkha sampādaka Rājindara
Siṅgha Lāmbā.

have you read this? -> http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?
id=encodingscratchpad&s=utf8