[Koha] Delhi Public Library Catalogue Goes Live with Koha 3.0

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 07:39:20 NZDT 2008

Delhi Public Library wrote:
> hi all
>
> Delhi Public Library catalogue is going live on 2^nd October with Koha
> 3.0, the consortia-quality open-source library management software.
> Users from across the world and nearly 45000 DPL members can now access
> the most current catalogue of *Delhi Public Library system *on its
> website at _http://www.dpl.gov.in <http://www.dpl.gov.in/>_ or
> _http://59.176.17.111 <http://59.176.17.111/>_ DPL is very proud to be
> the first library in India to implement the latest version of Koha 3.0.

Wonderful job! I am also very impressed with the support of
international language in Koha. Your library has books entered in many
Indian scripts (Devanagari, Gurmukhi, etc.). This just validates the
UTF-8 support in Koha. Quite neat! So, congrats to the Koha developers
too for doing such a great job!

Also, it is a great pleasure when government organization adopt open
source for their infrastructure and applications.

Regards.