[Koha] migrating Koha to a new computer

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 07:09:45 NZDT 2008

Hello,

I recently helped a local community center to setup their library
management system using Koha. Now a new server is being bought and Koha
is to moved to that spanking new machine.

So, what is the best way to migrate the library data to the new machine?
What I am guessing is:
1. Install the latest version of Koha in the new machine.
2. Create the Mysql users
3. Export the library database from the old machine (not sure how exactly)
4. Import that in the new machine.

Is the the above workable? In any case, I would probably need
instructions in more detail on how go about doing this. A pre-existing
web page on this topic would also be great.

Regards.