[Koha] Staging MARC files

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 08:57:46 NZDT 2008

Hi all:

We've been doing a retrospective conversion project in-house & we've
created a file with some 4,200 MARC records (approx. 3-4 mb), using
v.3.01.00.002.

I'm in the process of trying to stage these records into the
reservoir. It's taking a very long time, however, so I'm wondering if
folks have any guidelines or rules of thumb about preferred file size
/ max # of records per file.

The most I believe I've staged at one time previously was 54, which
went very smoothly.

A separate question: When managing staged records, it looks like users
have access to just the last 15 batches. Is this correct?

Thank you,

Cab Vinton, Director
Sanbornton Public Library
Sanbornton, NH