[Koha] Wrong SAX Parser - does it matter?

Brendan Gallagher gallabr at biblio.org
Wed Nov 12 11:56:48 NZDT 2008

Hi Andy -

Did you try editing ParserDetails.ini

I've found a few different entries listed there.

This is copied from one of the installation guides found with Koha
install...

You must be sure you’re using the XML::LibXML SAX parser, not Expat or
PurePerl, both of which have outstanding bugs with pre-composed
characters.
If you’re using PurePerl (you probably are) or Expat, you’ll need to
edit your ParserDetails.ini file to use the LibXML Parser
Edit this ParserDetails.ini file (with vim or other editor)

See if the first line contains this:

[XML::SAX::PurePerl]

If it does, replace this first line by the following:

[XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser]

Cheers,
Brendan

On Nov 11, 2008, at 4:44 PM, agiesler at wisc.edu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’m installing Koha 3 on Ubuntu 8.10. When I try this:
>
>     # ./misc/sax_parser_print.pl
>
> …instead of the expected “XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser=…” I get
> “XML::SAX::Expat=…”. Does it matter? A few days ago I made it
> through a Koha install this way and things seemed to work fine
> anyway. Will this lead to subtle errors if I don’t fix it?
>
> I’ve read this post (http://www.nabble.com/XML::LibXML-problem-td19159082.html
> ) but I still don’t see the expected parser string. Before trying
> the script I’ve done all of these:
>
>     # apt-get install libgdbm-dev
>     # apt-get install libxml-libxml-perl
>     # cpan XML::LibXSLT