[Koha] Fw: Catalog search returns "No results found"

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Wed Nov 12 07:34:34 NZDT 2008

Hi, Melisa!

Have you checked the error-logs? On a standard install they should be in
something like /var/log/koha and have names like koha-error_log,
koha-zebradaemon-output.log, koha-opac-error_log, koha-zebraqueue.err,
koha-zebradaemon.err, koha-zebraqueue-output.log (I think some of those are
"non-standard" and have to be turned on actively.) You might get some idea of

where the trouble is by looking at the end of these files.

I had the same problem on a recent install, and the solution turned out to be

that I was running zebra as a user named koha, while some of the necesarry
files were owned by root. The solution was to run a command like
$ chown -R koha:koha /var/koha/*
to change the ownership of the necessary files.

Good luck!
Magnus

"May the source be with you!"