[Koha] Adding schools as branches to a public library Koha install

Tim McMahon tmcmahon at wlpl.org
Tue Nov 11 06:58:30 NZDT 2008

We're checking into the idea of adding the school district to a Koha 3
install.  We were thinking of adding each school as a branch.  We let
Koha assign our patron barcodes and use our own item barcodes.  The
schools buy their item barcodes and use student numbers.  There
shouldn't be any overlap in our numbering systems.  I'm looking for any
tips on settings, importing items and patrons, things to look out for or
anything else that would be helpful in a situation like this.

--
Tim McMahon
Technical Services