[Koha] original MARC record

Kate Blair Elliott kate.bookgirl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:35:48 NZDT 2008

Hi we are working on doing some retro cataloging as we work to get Koha up
and running and I am running into trouble when trying to create original
MARC records (note we don't do a lot of this).

I wanted to enter the personal name in the 100 field but the field was
shaded grey and wouldn't let me enter anything.

I went to do an authority search and found no results.

Two questions:
Any ideas on why I can't click in that field (I assume this is something
simple I am just flaking on)

and

Where is the system searching for authority records...our other MARC
records...the Library of Congress list?  Do we set th