[Koha] upgrading

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Fri May 30 04:38:30 NZST 2008

Hi Ramon (and list),

On Fri, May 23, 2008, Ramon Andinach <custard at westnet.com.au> wrote:

> Its beginning to sound like there are enough changes in the Koha beta
> that its worth doing an upgrade. I was scanning through the INSTALL
> file for the "right way" to do this and noticed this line:
>
> perl Makefile.PL --prev-install-log /path/to/koha-install-log

Right, although that only applies when doing an upgrade from a
previous Koha 3 installation (you probably noticed that too). Quoting
the relevant portion from that INSTALL file:

____________________

UPGRADE
=======
If you are upgrading from a previous installation of Koha 3, you can
use the following:

 perl Makefile.PL --prev-install-log /path/to/koha-install-log
 make
 make test
 sudo make upgrade
____________________

> which I assume is a way of me avoiding having to remember what I
> answered for all the install questions before.

I think so too, although I never tried it.

> The only problem is I can't find it. Does anyone know where this file
> is usually put?

I think it's usually placed in the /usr/share/koha/misc/ directory.

So, the full path to that file will be:
/usr/share/koha/misc/koha-install-log

In my case, that file contains the following info:
____________________

PAZPAR2_HOST=pc6
PAZPAR2_PORT=11002
INSTALL_MODE=standard
INSTALL_BASE=/usr/share/koha
INSTALL_ZEBRA=no
INSTALL_SRU=yes
INSTALL_PAZPAR2=no
AUTH_INDEX_MODE=grs1
RUN_DATABASE_TESTS=no
PATH_TO_ZEBRA=
____________________

A way of finding the location of the koha-install-log file would be to
run the following "find" command in the Linux shell:
____________________

# find / -iname koha-install-log
____________________

You'll probably get three locations for that find command: two of them
relate to the extracted files from the .tar.gz Koha installation file
and the other one will be the one you'll need:

/root/Koha/blib/MISC_DIR/koha-install-log
/root/Koha/misc/koha-install-log
/usr/share/koha/misc/koha-install-log

I hope this helps you.

Best wishes,