[Koha] Catalog searches working with Keyword search but not with Title and Author in Koha 3

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Fri May 30 02:31:44 NZST 2008

Hi list,

Like I said in previous posts, I'm running Koha in a Xen virtual
machine running Linux (openSUSE 10.3), Apache 2.2.4 and MySQL 5.0.45.

I'm running the Koha 3 developer snapshot that was available yesterday
(28-May-2008). The Koha database version is 3.00.00.086.

I'm using UNIMARC. I have disabled Zebra, by setting the "NoZebra"
System Preference to ON. I have also set the "singleBranchMode" System
Preference to ON.

The bibliographic records were inserted in Koha by running the
bulkmarcimport.pl script "through" an ISO file (that contained about
9000 bibliographic records of articles):

# /root/Koha/misc/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl -c UNIMARC -file
/root/myfile.iso

My problem is that only "Keyword" searches in the Catalog are working
(and NOT searches in other fields, like in the Title or in the Author
fields).

For instance, in the OPAC search page -
http://hostname/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl - I'm searching for
"networks" (without the quotes).
I'm leaving the "Keyword" option as the dropdown option selected (for
the first of the 3 dropdown lists that appear), writing "networks"
(without the quotes) in the text box at its right and clicking in the
"OK" blue button at the bottom of the page.

I then get redirected to the search results page that has the following URL:

http://hostname/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?idx=kw&q=networks&idx=kw&idx=kw&sort_by=relevance&do=OK

This search returns 154 results:

_______________

"kw,wrdl: networks" returned 154 results
_______________

Many of these search results have the word "networks" in its Title (as
it would be expected), for instance:
_______________

1.  LINK CAPACITY ASSIGNMENT IN DYNAMIC HIERARCHICAL NETWORKS  by
NANCE, RICHARD E.MOOSE JR., ROBERT L.
Publication:  1988 , P.189-202
Availability:  Copies available:  (),
Match: ... LINK CAPACITY ASSIGNMENT IN DYNAMIC HIERARCHICAL NETWORKS
... COMPUTER NETWORKS AND ISDN SYSTEMS ...
Actions:  Place Hold Save to Lists  Add to Cart

2. 	MANAGEMENT OF NETWORKS SERVICES by BOVENGA, PIET
Publication: 1987 , P.155-160 Availability: Copies available: (),
Match: ... MANAGEMENT OF NETWORKS SERVICES ... COMPUTER NETWORKS AND
ISDN SYSTEMS ...
Actions: Place Hold Save to Lists Add to Cart

3. 	SECURITY MECHANISMS FOR COMPUTER NETWORKS. CURRENT RESULTS OF THE
CEC COST-11 TER PROJECT by MUFTIC, SEAD
Publication: 1988 , P.67-71 Availability: Copies available: (),
Match: ... SECURITY MECHANISMS FOR COMPUTER NETWORKS. CURRENT RESULTS
OF THE CEC COST-11 TER PROJECT ... COMPUTER NETWORKS AND ISDN SYSTEMS
Actions: Place Hold Save to Lists Add to Cart
_______________

HOWEVER, if I do a Title search by "networks", I get NO results (that
is the problem):

http://hosname/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?idx=ti&q=networks&idx=kw&idx=kw&sort_by=relevance&do=OK

_______________

No Result found !

No results match your search for "ti,wrdl: networks" in Catalog.
_______________

I get the following errors in the /var/log/koha/koha-opac-error_log
log file for this search for "networks":
_______________

[Thu May 29 15:17:08 2008] [error] [client 192.168.0.2] EXPR:at pos 8:
non-initialized variable category, referer:
http://hostname/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl
[Thu May 29 15:17:08 2008] [error] [client 192.168.0.2] [Thu May 29
15:17:08 2008] opac-search.pl: PARAM:LOOP:next_loop:hash pointer was
expected but not found at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i586-linux-thread-multi/HTML/Template/Pro.pm
line 191., referer: http://hostname/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl
_______________

The behavior of searches in the "Intranet" area is the same: catalog
searches work with Keyword, but not with Title (or Author, for that
matter):
_______________

No results found

No results match your search for 'ti,wrdl: networks'.
_______________

This search for "networks" in the Title field in the "Intranet"
creates the following entry in the /var/log/koha/koha-error_log log
file:

_______________

[Thu May 29 15:20:57 2008] [error] [client 192.168.0.2] [Thu May 29
15:20:57 2008] search.pl: ti,wrdl= networks  at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/catalogue/search.pl line 435.,
referer: http://hostname:8080/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl
_______________

I have run the Perl script rebuild_nozebra.pl but the results are the
same. This is the output of the rebuild_nozebra.pl :

_______________

# /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_nozebra.pl
***********************************
***** building BIBLIO indexes *****
***********************************
9386
Inserting records...
49871
biblios done

***********************************
***** building AUTHORITIES indexes *****
***********************************

Inserting...

authorities done

Does anyone have any hint that may help me solve this problem? Do I
need to provide more information? Have I missed doing any important
step?

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
Ricardo Dias Marques