[Koha] installing Koha 3 on Ubuntu 8

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Fri May 30 01:31:39 NZST 2008

Hi,

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:13 AM,  <holmgren at buffalo.edu> wrote:
> I'm rather new to Linux (as well as to Koha), and so in seeking to install Koha (3 beta)
> on Ubuntu 8 I have been trying to follow the instructions given in the wiki for installing
> Koha 3 on Ubuntu Gutsy
> [http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=ubuntu_gutsy]
> (instructions for installing on Ubuntu 8 - Hardy Heron are not listed there).
> Anyway, things were proceeding fine until I came to the instruction to install zebra as I couldn't
> find zebra either through the Synaptic package manager or through apt-get in Terminal (as a trial,
> I am trying to install on the desktop edition as a prelude to installing on another computer having
> the server edition).
> I would appreciate advice on what to do.

Did you add the following lines to /etc/apt/sources.list (from the
wiki instructions)?:

deb http://ftp.indexdata.dk/debian indexdata/sarge released
deb-src http://ftp.indexdata.dk/debian indexdata/sarge release

If so, you may need to do an "apt-get update" for the YAZ and Zebra
packages from IndexData to show up in your packages list.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton