[Koha] Koha 3 and LDAP

mourik jan c heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Thu May 29 19:03:03 NZST 2008

> Not returning a password probably isn't a problem.  If I'm reading the
> C4::Auth_with_ldap code right, Koha sends the password to the LDAP and
> doesn't do anonymous binds.  It's the lack of field data that's a pain.

I'm not (yet) familiar with koha3. Normal koha 2 ldap interface was to
retrieve the actual password from ldap, and compare it with the password
to user supplied. (which is a strange and incompatible way to verify a
password)

Fortunately it was not difficult to change this behaviour to something
else: Attempt to bind to the ldap server with the username/password to
user provided.

If the binds succeeds, the password is correct. If the bind fails, there
could be all sorts of problems: wrong password, ldap server down,
network problems, whatever, but result: NO acces.

See this page I created: http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=ldap&s=ldap

But I agree: you do need (at least some of) the various fields.