[Koha] Vhost and Permissions Prob

gsl gsl at rollinghills.lib.mo.us
Fri May 23 05:27:02 NZST 2008

Joe:

OK, thanks for the ideas. We had already messed with that some, and have
really put it through the washer now. While the virtual host issue was a
problem, which we quickly fixed, the real problem is in a line in
"koha-httpd.conf", which I've denoted below by "->" for illustrative
purposes, that calls a perl script:

----------from koha-httpd.conf--------snip--------

#  ServerAlias opac.mydomain.com
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ "/usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/"
-> ScriptAlias /index.html "/usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/opac-main.pl"
   ScriptAlias /opac-search.pl "/usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/search"

---------------end snip----------------------------
We tested this by creating our own static index.html file, commenting
out the above "ScriptAlias /index.html ..." line, and redirecting the
koha-httpd.conf to our index.html page, and it worked fine (at least the
page come up correctly). So the problem seems to be that the
opac-main.pl script can't create an index page, or, less likely, that
it's not getting called right by the .conf file. We are looking at the
opac-main.pl file now, but we don't see any obvious problems /* but I'm
not terribly proficient in perl either :) /*.

Greg

PS: I've been very impressed by the timeliness and quality of assistance
on this list so far.