[Koha] Changed IP - Can't connect to mysql server

Robert Linebaugh rlinebaugh at davisny.edu
Fri May 16 01:13:35 NZST 2008

Mason - Thanks for all the help.  Actually your previous email with
those troubleshooting commands helped me find the problem.  Once I
discovered I could not telnet on port 3306 to the remote server I found
that port 3306 on the database server was only open to one IP.  I
changed the IP to the new one and telnet worked.  I then tried
connecting to the remote database from a client using the mysql command
you suggested and still could not connect.  I looked to see if any linux
firewall rules were enabled  on the remote database server and found
everything to be locked down to only allow communication from one
server.  I updated the rules with the appropriate IP and everything
started working again.  Thanks again for pointing me in the right
direction.

Rob