[Koha] Koha 3.0 beta on Kubuntu gutsy - "production mode - trapped fatal error"

PBVB pvanbork at outerline.com
Wed May 7 11:30:12 NZST 2008

Dear Colleagues:

We had this precise error at port 8080 and even tried a new install.  No
luck.  We HAD installed CGI::Session 4.10, first thing when doing the
original install...obviously, it had made no difference.  However, I
downloaded the file from CPAN and re-installed it the traditional way: #perl
Makefile.PL, make, make test, make install - and, lo and behold many hours
of misery vanished.  Now, let me note that this was on Fedora 8, not Ubuntu
but it might well work on Ubuntu as well as it is a PERL module thing.  I
also note, in passing that both with 2.2.9 and 3.00.00-beta that many CPAN
packages never install correctly - or at all - with the standard installer.
Where possible, we have found that either a 'yum' or a standard, download
and install, as above, works best.  In 3.00, we had 7 different CPAN
packages that needed manual install and one, POE, that needed a reversion
from 1.001 to 0.9999 to get it to work.  In a number of cases, not only was
the manual install the only way to get something to work but also, brought
with it new modules that it needed, in turn...

Hope the above helps

Best of luck...

Petrus