[Koha] Error with repeatable MARC tags

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Fri Mar 28 08:08:01 NZDT 2008

Hi Jennifer, MJ Ray... and everyone else on the list!  :)

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008, Jennifer Johnston <Johnston at arrowstreet.com> wrote:

>  I'm new to this list.

So am I... Well, I'm also new in the sense that this post is my first
one (I've been "lurking" for a few months now, though).

> I've been working on customizing Koha (2.2.9) for
>  Windows, (...)  This has to do with the MARC tags
> which are set to repeat in the bib framework.
> When I click on the + sign to repeat the tag, nothing
> happens  and I get an "error" message at the bottom.

OK. Let me try to reproduce this myself. I have here a test
installation of Koha 2.2.9 in a Linux server, and I'm accessing it
from a computer with Windows XP Professional and Internet Explorer 6
(IE6).

1 - You're logging in to the "Koha Intranet" in a web page with an URL like:
http://hostname:8080/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl

2- Then you clicked on the "Cataloging" link on the left hand side
which took you to the "Koha -- Cataloging Home" page at:
http://hostname:8080/cgi-bin/koha/acqui.simple/addbooks.pl

3 - Then you clicked on the "Add Record Without Search" button, in the
lower right, which takes you to the "Koha -- Cataloging: Add MARC
Record" page at:
http://hostname:8080/cgi-bin/koha/acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl

4 - Then you are clicking on the plus sign (+) at the right of the
description of some tag, like for instance, for the 200 tag (I'm using
UNIMARC here).

If you "mouse over" the plus sign, the status bar reads like:
http://hostname:8080/cgi-bin/koha/acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl#200

When you click on the plus sign, Internet Explorer 6 shows you "[!]
Error on page." in the lower left corner of the status bar.
Right?

If you *double click* on that "[!] Error on page" message, you'll get
a dialog box with some error details. I also have it. In my case, it
reads like this (can't seem to copy the message to the clipboard. Oh
well... I'll type it):

Line:  288
Char: 1
Error: Could not get the type property. This command is not supported.
Code: 0

Is this the same problem you're having, Jennifer?

The "Koha 2.2 Users Guide" - available at
http://www.kohadocs.org/usersguide/ - does mention the following:

Chapter 1. Setting Up Your Koha System
http://www.kohadocs.org/usersguide/ch01.html

"
[snip]

Note

The Intranet interface is tested only with Mozilla/Firefox. It should
work (partially) with Internet Explorer. The OPAC should work fine
with any navigator. "

Best wishes,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net